The Carnival of Adolescent Antics is brought to you by the ever humble, but immensely talented and brilliant Shane Crossan and Phil Atkinson. Shane Crossan is a youth arts organiser, with a background in youth work, music and creative digital media. Phil Atkinson is one of Ireland’s leading visual street artists, specialising in airbrush techniques and collaborative community art. Shane and Phil regularly collaborate on youth art projects and are so excited about bringing the Carnival of Adolescent Antics to Cruthú Arts Festival 2019.
- We provide a 3-day training camp for older teenagers in street art skills and techniques in the weeks prior to the event.
- We provide supervision and mentoring to help them create large-scale public artworks in an art festival environment.
- We provide all paint and materials to training and art works.
- We provide a covered performance stage.
- We provide a full sound system and sound engineer.
- We provide a temporary seating area for audience.
- We facilitate and support young musicians to perform.
- We work with festival organisers in the weeks prior to the festival to source and organise music acts.
- We facilitate and help young musicians to perform in a supportive and family-friendly festival environment.